Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rip Esselstyn's Big Bowl

This is Rip Esselstyn's mainstay breakfast. It's great! Plus you can change it up according to what fruits are in season and what plant based milk you choose to use. I recommend making up a big batch to last a couple of weeks or so. (I did 2 c. of each main item). This is the first recipe I'm posting from "Forks over Knives". 

1/4 c. old fashioned oats
1/4 c. Grape-Nuts or Ezekiel brand equivalent
1/4 c. bite-size shredded wheat
1/4 c. Uncle Sam Cereal 
1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal
2 Tablespoons raisins (I used dates)
1/2 handful of walnuts

1 banana, sliced
1 kiwi, sliced (I used blueberries)
1 grapefruit (what? I omitted)
3/4 c. plant based milk (SILK DHA Omega-3 is great)

Toss all the dry ingredients. Serve with fruit and plant based milk. 

Substitute any fresh or frozen fruit. In a pinch you can add water instead of milk. (Rip Esselstyn says so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment